Reader’s Feast Bookstore will refund or exchange goods provided they are in resaleable condition and you have your original proof of purchase from Reader’s Feast Bookstore.
Goods must be returned within 28 days from date of purchase. Misbound goods will be refunded or exchanged with proof of purchase. Return shipping costs will only be refunded in the case of misbound goods.
Reader’s Feast Bookstore Delivery Policy & Shipping Method
Reader’s Feast Bookstore will despatch purchased goods within 24 hours, or the next business day, of the order being cleared for processing. Goods purchased on Saturdays and Sundays will be despatched on Mondays.
All goods sent by Reader’s Feast Bookstore will be sent through Australia Post and delivery time is dependant on Australia Post protocols.
Reader’s Feast Bookstore cannot be responsible for goods once they have been lodged with Australia Post but will take all reasonable steps to aid you with any queries to Australia Post on lost or delayed goods. If, for unforseen reasons, despatch from Reader’s Feast Bookstore to the General Post Office is delayed, you shall be advised of the delay by email and given a revised time of despatch. All care will be taken by Reader’s Feast Bookstore in packaging items with care.
Reader’s Feast Bookstore is committed to protecting the personal privacy of our customers, and observes the National Privacy Principles pursuant to the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988.
Personal information about our customers, including your name, address, telephone number and other personal details will be handled appropriately, and you may contact us at any time to request access to the information we hold, or to request it to be updated or corrected.
- only requests or collects personal information about a customer if we need it to do business with the customer. In our stores this is most commonly a name, address, contact telephone number and purchasing information (for example the items being purchased as a special order).
- does not sell or rent personal information about our customers, including names, addresses and telephone numbers, to any outside person or organisation.
- will only ever use a customer’s personal information for Reader’s Feast marketing purposes if we have first requested and received your written permission to do so.
Reader’s Feast does not collect personal information unless it is necessary for us to carry out our functions and activities as a retailer. We only collect such information by lawful and fair means and in an unobtrusive way. Wherever possible you have the option of transacting anonymously with us as a customer. Personal information is requested or collected only when it is required to assist you in efficiently completing a transaction or in handling an inquiry. Generally, there is no obligation to provide us with any of the personal information that we may request, however if you choose not to provide us with the requested information we may not be able to offer the requested service, or we may not be able to handle it as efficiently for you.
Some examples of times that Reader’s Feast will request personal information:
- Details of a customer’s name, address, and telephone number are usually taken for a special order so that our staff can make contact about the special order if required.
- Some personal information (including your name, address, and telephone number) is requested if you choose to become a member of the Reader’s Feast Privileged Readers programme.
- Contact details (name, address, and a contact telephone number) are requested when we run competitions or other promotional features. This information, when requested, is used solely in connection with the competition or promotional feature, and so that we can contact the prizewinner(s).
- Your credit card details are required if you intend to make a purchase using a card, and some personal identification details (for example, a driver’s licence number) are requested if you ask to pay for a purchase by personal cheque.
If you ask us to post or use a courier to deliver a purchase then your name and address (and telephone number, if required) will be disclosed to Australia Post or to a courier company solely for delivery purposes. If you are a member of our Privileged Readers’ Programme then your name and address will be disclosed to our mailing house for the sole purpose of mailing to you Readers Feast Book Guides and other material associated with the Privileged Readers Programme. We will not otherwise provide personal information to a third party without consent, however we must co-operate fully should a situation arise where we are required by law or legal process to provide information about a customer.
Reader’s Feast takes measures to ensure that your personal information is protected from unauthorised access, misuse, disclosure or alteration. We will also take measures to securely destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when it is no longer required.
Reader’s Feast will reasonably attempt to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, up to date, and complete. To assist us to do this please provide us with the correct information and inform us if your details have changed.
Please contact us if you would like access to the personal information that we hold about you, if you would like to update it, or if you believe that the personal information we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate. To protect your privacy and security we may need to take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.